Before navigating around the application you need to know how information is created and stored. First, sign-in to QuickScore or Scoreboard.
- Strategy Maps (only QuickScore)
- Charts & Reports
These objects are grouped together in containers called Organizations.
To see the list of Organizations click on one of the navigation objects, for example, Scorecards. The organization list will be revealed as a drop-down menu. If you have been working with the application already then click on the Briefcase icon to reveal the drop-down:
The organization for Samples will appear, click on Scorecards to look at the scorecard.
The Scorecard view appears. Notice that the Samples organization has appeared next to the briefcase icon at the top.
The sub-menu that has appeared to the right of the main navigation menu is the Scorecard menu. You are in the Scorecard view. Click on the items to reveal the elements of the Scorecard:
In Scoreboard the scorecard can contain any number of the following:
- Key Performance Area
- Generic Items
In QuickScore the names of the objects are:
When you have finished looking at Dashboards, do the following:
- Click on Strategy Maps to look at strategy maps (QuickScore only),
- Click on Initiatives to look at the initiatives,
- Click on Charts & Reports to look at the reports,
- Click on Briefings to look at the briefings.
You have now looked at everything contained within the Samples organization. It is time to build your own set of Scorecards, Dashboards, Initiatives, Charts & Reports and Briefings.
You must start with an Organization and then add a Scorecard.
While looking at Scorecards, Dashboards, Charts & Reports, Initiatives (and Strategy Maps if you have the QuickScore module), you will notice at the top right of the screen there are four action buttons:
From left to right they have the following functions:
- Bookmark: Add this page to the Bookmarks page. This is a toggle switch, if it is solid blue, the page has been added, if it is only in outline the page has not been added.
- Send To: Send this page to the item in the drop-down list. This includes e-mail, printer, pdf, PowerPoint and png. While in Dashboards there is an extra option to send to a shared dashboard. There is a separate guide for Shared Dashboards.
- Information: Reveals a panel with all of the information associated with the object you are looking at.
- History/Audit: A complete history of changes made to the object you are looking at including date, person and nature of the change.